Environmental Center of San Diego
Values & Interactions
A community working together to protect and enhance the natural environment throughout San Diego through Education, Advocacy and Direct Action
Become A Contributor Today:
Make a Donation
Who We Are
Join the Movement
We Have the Power to Impact Our Future, and We’re Doing Something About It
Our goal is to promote healthy natural systems in San Diego by inspiring a deeper understanding and appreciation of positive environmental change and advocacy while working to improve the quality of life and economic vitality of our community.
ECO San Diego’s education programs are focused on K-12 children. We help them connect, understand, appreciate, and love our local species.
ECO San Diego is a strong supporter of all the wonderful organizations in our region doing important work to make our community a better, healthy, more just place.
Environmental Leadership Summit
Environmental, community, labor, housing, justice, climate leaders meet to address local challenges, forge solutions, and commit to collaboration.
The most frequent question asked by volunteers is “what can I do?”
The opportunity to directly experience our beautiful natural resources is an important part of being a San Diegan and a present or future steward of those resources. That is why the Environmental Center of San Diego is committed to supporting appropriate public environmental programs.
Click on each project to learn more.
How the Environmental Center of San Diego, Surfrider Foundation, andA Keystone Species Launched...
6th Annual Environmental Leadership Summit September 17, 2022THE FUTURE OF CONSERVATION The Sixth...
Does California have private beaches? from Fox 5 San Diego, by: Matt Meyer, via Nexstar Media...
Q & A with a Local Marine Biologist Turned Science Communicator Curious about the state of our...
Support the Efforts of the ReWild Mission Bay Coalition And Let Your Voice Be HeardBy Marie...
Welcome to the Nurture Nature Network! a HUGE Thank You to Laura Hunter, former Board Member for...
The human condition is being tested as never before
We hope you’re safe and taking the recommendations by the CDC seriously. For the time being we will be working behind the scenes on our Princess Street Coastal Trail, our annual Environmental Leadership Summit, Saving San Diego’s Special Species, and ReWild Mission Bay, among other projects. We intend to keep on doing what we do because the environment is vitally important for future generations.
Sign up for the ECONews email list to get alerts and news from environmental organizations. This is an announcement-only list, not a discussion list. We will limit it to a maximum of one message per week, except in cases of urgent requests from local organizations. To request an alert or provide a news item, send an email to email@example.com
Pictures from our local contributors.
Links to Organizations
- Agua Hedionda Lagoon Foundation, Carlsbad
- Anza-Borrego Foundation and Institute, Borrego Springs
- Batiquitos Lagoon Foundation, Carlsbad
- Buena Vista Audubon, Oceanside
- Cajon Valley Union School District, El Cajon
- California Bluebird Recovery Program, San Diego County
- California Center for Sustainable Energy, San Diego
- California Chaparral Institute
- California Native Plant Society, San Diego Chapter
- Center for Biological Diversity
- Citizens’ Coordinate for Century 3, San Diego
- Climate Action Campaign
- Climate Science Alliance
- Coastwalk California Coastal Trail Association
- Conservation Biology Institute, Encinitas
- ECOLIFE Conservation
- Endangered Habitats League
- San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum
- The Escondido Creek Conservancy (TECC), Escondido
- Escondido Neighbors United
- Friends of Daley Ranch, Escondido
- Friends of Famosa Slough, San Diego
- Friends of Los Penasquitos Canyon Preserve, San Diego
- Friends of Rose Canyon, San Diego
- Friends of Rose Creek
- Goodan Ranch and Sycamore Canyon Open Space
- Hammond Climate Solutions
- Hawk Watch, Ramona
- Hellhole Canyon Open Space Preserve
- Lakeside’s River Park Conservancy, Lakeside
- National Wildlife Federation, San Diego
- Native American Lands Conservancy, La Mesa
- Palomar Audubon, Escondido
- Preserve Calavera
- Preserve Wild Santee, Santee
- San Diego Botanical Gardens
- San Diego Audubon Society
- San Diego Coastkeeper
- San Diego Canyonlands, San Diego County
- San Diego Earthworks, San Diego
- San Diego Habitat Conservancy, La Mesa
- San Diego Natural History Museum, San Diego
- San Diego River Park Foundation, San Diego
- San Diego Tracking Team, San Diego
- San Diego Zoo, San Diego
- San Dieguito River Valley Conservancy, Del Mar
- The Nature Collective
- San Pasqual Valley Preservation Alliance
- Save Our Heritage Organisation (SOHO), San Diego
- Solana Center for Environmental Innovation, Encinitas
- Southwest Wetlands Interpretive Association (SWIA)
- Southern California Wetlands Recovery Project, Southern California Coastal Counties
- The Chaparral Lands Conservancy
- The Nature Conservancy, San Diego
- Tijuana River National Estuarine Research Reserve, Imperial Beach
- Torrey Pines Association
- U.S. Green Building Council San Diego Chapter, San Diego
- Utility Consumers’ Action Network, San Diego
- Volcan Mountain Preserve Foundation, Julian
- Water Conservation Garden at Cuyamaca College, El Cajon